THE LANGUAGE IN YOUR HANDS TRAINING PROGRAMME
Training is aimed at child care trainers, professionals, preschool teachers and second language teachers of children in early years
Please note that due to Covid 19 training is delivered online. Please contact us for more information.
What does training for Child Care professionals and Trainers involve?
Child care professionals receive 3 ½ days of training and support:
- Days 1 and 2 and 3:
- Introduction to learning English through signs and general strategies to support language development.
- Classroom vocabulary, the child care professionals will learn 200 key signs to support spoken English language development
- How to implement Part 1 (first 7 weeks) of the programme: an introduction and then practical ‘walk through’ of several group and individual sessions to enable the child care professional to deliver the initial group and individual sessions with confidence.
- ½ Day:
- The half-day workshop is delivered at the end of 7 weeks (so the end of the first term of delivery).
- The aim is for the students to share experiences of delivering of the intervention and then explore how to implement Part 2 with the additional literacy awareness component.
Training is organised upon request and can either take place in Leeds or in your Kindergarten/Preschool